Fusion cuisines are interesting because it amalgamates the best elements of two different culinary practices. Dragon chicken is the perfect example of Indo-Chinese cuisine as it combines the spiciness of Indian cooking with the ‘umami’- a predominant flavor of the Chinese culinary method. It can be easily made at home and is an ideal dish for a simple weeknight dinner. So what are we waiting for? Let us get started.
How to make Dragon Chicken?
Dragon chicken is quite spicy. To make it, you will need to marinate the chicken in a magnificent blend of flavors. The chicken needs to be lightly fried and cooked in a spicy tangy sauce with cashew nuts that not only adds a crunchiness to the entire dish but also enhances the flavor. You can have it on its own or serve it with rice. Take a look at the detailed recipe below.
Dragon Chicken Recipe: A Delicious Indo-Chinese Delicacy
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- salt as per your taste
- pepper as per your taste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup broken cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp chili flakes
- 1/2 capsicum
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- spring onions just the greens
- To make dragon chicken, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, salt, pepper, eggs, and cornflour to the boneless chicken and marinate for an hour.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken in oil until it turns golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sauté the cashews, chili flakes, ginger, onions, garlic, and capsicum.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar, and salt to it. Mix them well.
- Cook by adding little water and cornflour slurry. Now, to this mixture, add the fried chicken and garnish with spring onions. Once done, serve it hot. Voila! the perfect weeknight dinner appetizer is ready for you!
Connect With Us
If you have tried this recipe, we would love your feedback in the comments section below. And while we can’t taste it, we would love to see how it turned out! You can connect with us on Facebook or Instagram and tag your picture with #organicfactsrecipes.
Do you wish to share your winning recipes with us? Please click here and fill in the details to get started.