Thinking of returning an item?
We’re sorry if our products haven’t met your expectations. We are always keen to help resolve any issue you have. From care of products to sizing guides, we’ll do what we can to fix any problems you may have.
If you are have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us and we’ll work hard to put things right.
Below you’ll find all the details for returns (boring we know) however we’d encourage you to read them before getting in touch to make sure you are clear on our policy. This policy is guided by UK law and so it is important you pay attention to timescales, delivery charges and return costs refund rights and which items are eligible.
If you have any questions, our team will be happy to help clarify the policy below.
- Before returning an item, you must email us first.
- You can return most new, undamaged items sold and supplied by heritageofscotland.com and all our other online shops within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
- For hygienic reasons, certain items that cannot be returned. These include, but are not limited to, face masks, underwear, earrings, personal care goods, perishable goods, custom products etc
- If you are returning an item, you need to give us your full name, address, order number, a reason for return and state that this is a return package.
Returned items need to be sent to:
1 East Hermiston, Calder Road
Edinburgh EH14 4AJ
- Refunds will be made within 7 days of receipt of items to the payment method originally used for the purchase.
- Refunds will be paid for the cost of good(s), delivery costs will not be refunded unless where the return is a result of our error (e.g. damaged goods or receipt of incorrect items)
When applicable, original delivery charges will be refunded at the lowest price shipping rate. (E.g. An item order with express shipping will be refunded with at the standard shipping rate)
- Refunds of return shipping:
- We will cover the costs of returning goods to us if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
- You are obliged to pay the return shipping costs if the return is not a result of our fault.
- Items purchased online in any of our online stores must be returned to the returns address as stated in point 4 above. Unfortunately, we are unable to receive or handle any returns in our retail stores directly.
- Items marked as made to order are not returnable.
- When sending products back to us for refund or exchange please make sure there are no surcharges to the recipient. In our experience, broker service charges apply to the recipients when shipping via Fedex or Royal Mail. Our company does not cover them, which may result in failed delivery and return of a parcel.
- At this time we do not accept exchanges.
- All transactions take place in the UK and thus our returns policy is based on UK consumer protection laws and not those of other jurisdictions.
If you are returning a product due to it being faulty or incorrect, we will provide a return label for faulty or damaged goods. If you use another method to return goods, we cannot refund those costs.
In line with point 1, please get in touch with us first before attempting to return products. We will discuss the best options for returning goods with you, and where applicable, under point 8, we may offer collection of goods. Where we offer collection, if you choose to return products using an alternative method, we will be unable to cover those costs.